~ Feeling stuck with a painting?
~ Want help figuring out how to make an okay painting even better?
~ Not sure where to go next?
I’m here to help!
Creating art is rewarding but it’s a solitary activity. Often we’re too close to our own art to make a clear judgment about where it’s at and sometimes we turn to others to help us gauge how it’s doing. Friends and family can be very supportive but it helps to have an expert eye on your work.
A personalized video critique has the potential to open doors to new possibilities and to help you grow and develop as an artist. I want to encourage your unique artistic vision and will be sensitive to your style, desires, and needs. I will point out your strengths and give suggestions where you may consider changes to improve, ones that will move you forward in your art-making journey.
Here’s what you’ll get from me:
I will send you a video recording of my evaluation and suggestions. Among other things, I will look at colour, value, composition, technique, drawing, my understanding of your vision as I see it in your painting(s). I am the viewer who comes to your work without prior knowledge of your intentions and will offer you my thoughts from this personal perspective. I’m going to help you move forward with the piece!
Also included in the price of the video critique is either one email to and from me OR up to 15 minutes talk over the phone or Zoom.
You can expect a response to your email within 48 hours. At that time, I will let you know if I require further information. Then I will get to work! You should have a critique back within 72 hours. (If I am away from home, I will not be able to do the critique until I return.)
You can read a testimonial by a very pleased artist who was the first person who used my critique service. Just click here to read.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Click the PayPal button at the bottom of the page to make your payment. (Note: you don’t have to have a Paypal account to do this. Just follow the prompts to pay by credit card.)
- Email me a high resolution jpg of your your soft pastel artwork using the same email address that you used for PayPal.
- If you worked from a photo, please also send me this reference.
- Feel free to send a short note about why you are requesting my help. I feel though that it’s important I look at your work without knowing anything at the start and making my suggestions from that place.
- If you have any questions about the process, please email me at email@example.com.
I can’t wait to help you!!!
Please send work that has not been copied from other sources e.g. photographs or artwork by others, or that has been done in a workshop under the tutelage of another instructor.
Want to give someone a gift certificate for a personalized video critique? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know!